Claims Procedure

We're sorry about your loss. Our team of consultants will ensure that your claim is dealt with quickly and smoothly. You will find the relevant information to help you with your claim here.

Motor Vehicle Claims

Step 1:
Immediately report the accident to the police and obtain the police reference number. Then contact your insurance advisor or local Old Mutual branch office quoting your policy number and vehicle registration number.

Step 2:
If you have comprehensive cover, obtain at least two quotations from independent vehicle repairers and send these together with a completed Motor Vehicle Accident Report Form and a certified photocopy of the drivers license to our local offices or your insurance advisor.

Step 3:
Once we have received these documents, we will authorize repairs to commence.

Report the theft immediately to the Police and obtain the Police reference number. Then, complete the Theft, Loss or Damage Claim Form and report the loss to your insurance advisor or our local branch office.

To offer you a fair settlement price we will need all the details of your vehicle including the make, model, year of manufacture, mileage and details of any extras on the vehicle.

Submit a completed Motor Windscreen Claim Form. We will then register your claim and give you a letter of introduction to a motor glass replacement company. Please note that this only applies if you have comprehensive cover.

Content and Buildings Claims

Reporting your Loss

Report your claim to our local branch office or your insurance advisor as soon as reasonably possible after occurrence. In the event of theft or malicious damage report your loss to the Police and obtain the Police reference number. When contacting us or your insurance advisor, make sure you have the following information:

  • Your policy number
  • The address of the place where the loss occurred
  • Your contact details such as cell number and email address
  • The date of the loss
  • A brief description of the loss

Basis of Settlement

Household contents and general all risks claims are settled on the basis of the current replacement cost less an allowance for depreciation. Buildings claims are settled on the basis of replacement or repair cost provided the building has been maintained in a good state of repair.

Claim Forms