What is Old Mutual Flexi Funeral Plan?
- The Plan offers cover for you, your immediate and extended family
- Receive a lump sum (once-off payment) paid towards funeral costs within 48 hours
- Choose cover in your preferred currency up to USD $5000
- Get immediate cover for accidental death, from the moment your application is accepted
- We pay within 24 hours of receiving a valid claim
You can now sign up for your Flexi Funeral Plan online. Insure your family on the MyOldMutual platform.
- Certified copy of death certificate if claiming after burial
- Original burial order/ Certified copy of death certificate/ medical certificate of cause of death/ Kraal head or Headman’s letter if claiming before burial
- A copy of the beneficiaries’ Identity Documents (ID)
- Proof of beneficiary’s bank account in the form of:
- a stamped bank deposit/withdrawal slip
- a copy of bank card showing account holder’s name and account number
- a stamped front page of bank statement with account holder’s name and account number
- A police report if the death is by Accident.
- A completed claim form
Yes you can, the MyOldMutual digital platform caters to both existing and new customers such as yourself. Under Insurance services, select the option to Buy Flexi Funeral, enter your personal details and pay using your CABS bank account or mobile money wallet.
You can add as many dependents as you wish to on your funeral plan. The Flexi Funeral plan is flexible enough for each policy member to get their own cover amount allocated to them.
Absolutely, for the Flexi Funeral you are able to renew your policy. Make sure you have your policy number and premium amount close-by when making the payment. This is to ensure that the right policy is kept up-to-date if you have multiple Flexi Funeral plan.
Next of kin or your closest living relative will be the person who will receive the cash payout for your funeral expenses in the event of your untimely death as the policy holder. A dependent is a policy member e.g child that the policy holder or next of kin is eligible for a cash payout in the event of the dependent’s untimely death.
If the Life Assured dies, then we will pay the Sum Assured applicable on the date of death.
If the Life Assured dies as a result of an accident, the full Sum Assured as set out in the Schedule will become payable provided that the Policy is in force.
This is a period of time from the Commencement Date during which Life Cover is not available. The Waiting Period only applies to deaths due to non-accidental causes.
Note: The death benefit for children under the age of 14 is 75% of their Cover amount.
If a Life Assured dies, then we will pay the Sum Assured applicable to You or nominated beneficiary, subject to these terms and conditions and other documents forming the contract.
In order to claim, proceed with the following documents to Your Group Contact Person or nearest Old Mutual/CABS branch: