What is Old Mutual Flexi Funeral Plan?It's an Old Mutual funeral plan that offers you peace of mind knowing that you, your immediate and extended family will be laid to rest with dignity and love. The Flexi Funeral Plan is an annually renewable funeral policy that reduces the effects of inflation and pays out a cash benefit to cater for funeral expenses for a member or their dependents.
- The Plan offers cover for you, your immediate and extended family
- Receive a lump sum (once-off payment) paid towards funeral costs within 48 hours
- Choose the cover amount that you can afford - anything between ZWL $5000 and ZWL $ 150 000.
- Get immediate cover for accidental death, from the moment your application is accepted
- If you or your family would like to be provided with financial assistance to cover the final expenses in the event of your death and/or the death(s) of your immediate and extended family
- If you're looking for funeral cover that can be reviewed inline with market conditions so as to retain the funeral cover value
To register you can dial *227# is for mobile registration, visit any CABS branch or an Old Mutual office near you.
Your financial adviser will provide you with a quotation on what your premium will be. Your monthly premium will depend on your age and the cover amount you choose.
If the Life Assured dies, then we will pay the Sum Assured applicable on the date of death.
If the Life Assured dies as a result of an accident, the full Sum Assured as set out in the Schedule will become payable provided that the Policy is in force.
This is a period of time from the Commencement Date during which Life Cover is not available. The Waiting Period only applies to deaths due to non-accidental causes.
Note: The death benefit for children under the age of 14 is 75% of their Cover amount.
If a Life Assured dies, then we will pay the Sum Assured applicable to You or nominated beneficiary, subject to these terms and conditions and other documents forming the contract.
In order to claim, proceed with the following documents to Your Group Contact Person or nearest Old Mutual/CABS branch:
- Certified copy of death certificate if claiming after burial
- Original burial order/ Certified copy of death certificate/ medical certificate of cause of death/ Kraal head or Headman’s letter if claiming before burial
- A copy of the beneficiaries’ Identity Documents (ID)
- Proof of beneficiary’s bank account in the form of:
- a stamped bank deposit/withdrawal slip
- a copy of bank card showing account holder’s name and account number
- a stamped front page of bank statement with account holder’s name and account number
- A police report if the death is by Accident.
- A completed claim form